Positive Space Consulting (PSC) is a virtual 2SLGBTQIA+ therapy practice supporting folks in Ontario.
We are a team who are passionate about creating positive change in both the individual and the broader global consciousness. We are a team of self-identified big feelers, trauma survivors, neurodivergent queers! We are committed to providing client-centred support for folks of all ages and identities, however, we primarily support queer folks and other people deserving equity. We infuse a trauma-informed, social justice approach into the therapy space and support clients in liberating themselves from patriarchal, white supremacist, and ableist ways of thinking and being so they can live their best, authentic lives. We are proud of our lived experience and stand in solidarity with our clients!
Our Unique Support System is of, by and for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, meaning we leave the heternormative at the door!
At PSC our work culture is very sacred to us. We are committed to maintaining a trauma-informed, safe, workspace for all of our therapists and team. Many of us are recovering from burnout, toxic, ableist, racist, and homophobic/transphobic work cultures. Therefore our work culture is one that's conducive to healing, collaboration and joy!
Engaging in safe, grounded, ethical, open, trustworthy, relational, and thoughtful therapy is at the forefront of every interaction. We welcome you as you are, however you identify, and in various relationship structures. We are sex, poly, pleasure, and kink-positive. This is a place to be yourself, without shame!
We always use a trauma-informed and anti-oppressive approach in practice. We aren’t fans of capitalism and are committed to ethical financial practices both with our fee-split for therapists and our fee structures for clients.
If this resonates with you, please apply!
To learn more about Positive Space Consulting and our team please visit: www.positivespaceconsulting.ca
To read our Land Acknowledgement & Commitment to anti-colonialism
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.
PSC is hiring a virtual therapist to join our team! We are looking for someone who is able to offer flexibility and patience in growing their roster with our group practice.
We are hoping to start someone in a part-time capacity and steadily increase this to full-time (seeing a minimum of 20 clients per week). Historically this can take up to 2- 5 months, depending on many circumstances. We are a growing grass-roots practice that is looking for the right fit to meet our increased demand for therapists with lived experience as a queer human.
If this resonates with you and you are looking for part-time or casual hours, please still apply! We’re looking for quality of fit…not quantity!
We are looking for folks with lived experiences to match our intersectional community of clients.
If you have read this far, please keep reading below to find out if our qualifications fit your experience! ⬇️🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️
• Experience and desire to do relational (couples) and family work.
• Experience and credentials to work with folks around issues of sex, intimacy and kink.
• Comfortability offering support to folks who are part of the kink and poly community.
• Knowledge and experience working with folks living with HIV or other chronic health conditions.
•Experience and willingness to work with folks who engage in ENM or have diverse relationship structures or experiences.
• A clinical speciality or are certified to deliver a specific modality of therapy, specifically IFS or EMDR.
• Lived experience and professional experience with disability and chronic pain.
• Additional clinical training in specific therapeutic modalities is an asset.
• Desire and experience in working with queer/trans/gender non-conforming children and youth.
• Being a part of a diverse and dynamic team. Our team is built on the values of accessibility, self-determination, collaboration, and joy! We know doing our job can be taxing and we are all about setting boundaries that empower you to live a meaningful life and to honour the sacred nature of your work.
• An ethical fee split. We don’t want to profit off of your hard work! We offer a competitive fee split that facilitates living wages for both you and our support staff!
• Administrative support. We look after billing, scheduling, marketing, customer service, and more!
• Bi-weekly pay. We make sure you get paid on time using direct deposit!
• Set your own hours and rates. You decide when you see clients and determine a fee that balances equity and abundance!
• Support and Supervision. Monthly 1-hour supervision with the Practice Owner. Supervision that is both affirming and growth-oriented.
• Peer to Peer supervision. Our team of clinicians meet regularly to connect in community with one another to engage in ethical, grounded and fun peer supervision.
• Owl Practice, Psychology Today and Email support. Our Office Manager Ema will guide you and support you in creating and maintaining your Psychology Today profile, and other online profiles related to the practice. We also provide you with your Owl profile and a professional email address with cloud storage which is HIPPA Compliant.
• Online customer support and social media. We look after your clients and potential clients, so you save more time to do things you love! It’s all about that work/life balance! • Discounted Rate Program. We encourage our therapists to provide a percentage of their services to folks who identify as being a part of an under-resourced community.
• A Platform to express your thoughts! We encourage our therapists to share and express their niches, experiences, and specialties through our blog, social media platforms, and potential upcoming Podcasts.
(L) Charlotte [she/they] Clinical Director & Founder. (R) Ema [they/them] Office Manager
You feel like you are a good fit, please apply!